Take a simulated cosmic voyage to see your galaxy up close and personal, courtesy of Google Earth
Google Earth 4.2 required (free)
> Download Google Earth
> How to find your galaxy
> Mac OS 10.3.9 or lower, click here.
Google Earth demo:
Instructions [for printable instructions, click here]
- Locate your NGC number in the letter you received with your galaxy
- Open Google Earth 4.2
- In the 'View' pull down menu select 'Switch to Sky'
- In the 'Search the Sky' search box type in your NGC number (ie NGC 4565)
- Click on the magnifying glass icon
- Use the zoom bar in upper right hand corner to zoom in or out
Mac OS 10.3.9 and lower:
Google Earth 4.2 is not compatible with Mac OS 10.3.9 and lower.